Friday, June 19, 2015

The Colony Bistro, Amar Colony, Lajpat Nagar IV- Chillax and Quirky


The Colony Bistro 
Smack in the middle of the busy market of Amar Colony where street food rules, you’ll find a breath of freshness and quirkiness. The Colony Bistro in their own words is the place to “kick-back, relax and indulge in some mouth-watering treat “.  

The Ambience

Quirky, Fun Cozy Decor!

Beautiful wall art and complimenting Cushions!

As I saw the place from outside, I was sold to try it out as the ambience looked kickass.  It has a very refreshing, young and lively yet cosy feel. When I walked in the beautiful street art on the wall caught my sight and it was beautiful. To go with it the furniture and the cushions are perfectly matched. I have to say the extra soft huge colourful cushions say nothing but “kick-back and relax”. Overall the place has a very chilled out and lively ambience.

The Food

They offer a nice range of cuisines like Chinese, Italian, Continental and Indian. They have amazing twists to the appetizers and drinks. To begin, I ordered a refreshing pint of beer and along with that came a cocktail glass filled with salted peanuts.


It was a hot and humid evening so my friend and I decided to refresh ourselves over the beer pints only but I must tell you, the cocktails and mocktails on the tables next us looked quite drool-worthy. Next time I’m sure to give them a try.

They have a huge variety for non-veg lovers, from sea-food to chicken and from lamb chops to bacon. Not that they lack in options for vegetarians but with beer my friend I wanted to get a taste of their non-veg platter. My friend, who has previously been here also suggested me to try their dish-to-fame the Lemon Grilled Fish with Sautéed Vegetables.

Scrumptious and Filling Non-Veg Platter 
The platter consists of chicken steak, chicken wings, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, buttered mashed potatoes, garlic bread, wedges and sautéed vegetables. All the platters they offer are well thought. The chicken wings were nicely done, however, I am not a fan of steak but my friend thought it was cooked just fine. The mashed potatoes, spaghetti and vegetables were perfect to go with all that chicken. However, the quantity of spaghetti was minimal. I loved the chicken nuggets the most in the platter.

Mouth watering - Lemon Grilled Fish!

The Lemon Grilled Fish was mouth-watering. It didn’t smell of fish and it was cooked perfectly. I love the fish which just melts away and this was one such occasion. I recommend the lemon grilled fish to everyone. Even if you are not a fish lover, just give this one a try and you won’t regret it.

At the time of desserts, we decided to go with the blueberry cheese cake. It was good and gooey like any other cheesecake but nothing special. Next time I will try something different, so will let you how that went.

Overall Experience

The music is nice and soft in the day which as the evening progressed got little bit loud as the crowd starts to come in at that time, but it was never too loud to interfere in a conversation. It is the perfect place to gossip, have a meeting or even a first date. They have justified their claim of being a place to kick back and relax.

The Colony Bistro also provides home delivery, online orders and pick-up’s. The online orders can be placed on their own site. Its easy and simple. If you are lucky you might get an on-going offer too and nothing makes my day more than discounts, offers and deals.

Suggestions

Even though the food was delectable and the ambience was warm & vibrant, the service however, seemed a little slow. We had to wait more than the usual time for not just food but the drinks too. Their staff is polite and welcoming, they only need to buck up on their service.

Ambience – 4/5
Food – 4/5 (extra .5 for the lemon grilled fish)
Service – 3/5
Value for Money- 3.5/5

Cost for two= Rs 1000/- (without Alcohol)

So, if you are in the vicinity or visiting Lajpat Nagar IV for some shopping time with your girls, head to The Colony Bistro for chillax soulful evening.

Until next time!

Keep Rocking

Minal*

Editor’s Note- I had a gala evening at this restaurant, next in my foodie wishlist from this place is lamb bacon burger and blueberry mojito. I loved the feel of this place and I will surely pay my visit super soon


*edited by Prachi

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...